Thunder Hill Equine Drum Horses

Our Stallion


Spencefarms Apache, Drum Horse Stallion

Spencefarms Apache


Date of Birth: 5 April 2013
Registration: International Drum Horse Association (IDHA): D0385S; Canadian Pinto Horse Association (CPtHA): DR23
Height: 15.3 HH and growing
Colour: Bay Tobiano, EE Aa TO/to
Sire: Spence Farms Grandpa Romney (Gypsy)
Dam: Fox Valley Queen Magnus (Shire)
Pedigree: Allbreedpedigree.com
Training: Halter, Driving
PSSM1: N/N tested

Spencefarms Apache, or Archie as we call him, is a F1 Drum Horse that is 50% Gypsy Cob and 50% Shire. He is dual registered with the IDHA and the Canadian Pinto Horse Association (CPtHA) to enable us to show him here in Canada. His Dam is Fox Valley Queen Magnus who is a granddaughter of Edingale Mascot, one of the top 5 modern Shire stallions. Archie’s Sire is Spence Farms Grandpa Romney who is a son of SD Jack, which makes Archie a Bob the Blagdon great grandson. Archie has excellent feather for a Drum Horse and a ground dragging tail. He has nice heavy bone and his hooves are exceptional, with a heavy wall that doesn’t chip on rocks. He is very quiet and calm, so much so most people do not realize he is a stallion until they are informed. Archie is still growing and should have no problem reaching IDHA Premium status by the time he reaches maturity. As a Bay Tobiano with the genetic colour code of EE Aa TO/to, Archie will sire both Bay and Black foals with a 50% chance of Tobiano.

Archie is standing at stud for $800.00 LFG. At this time he is not phantom trained so we can only provide live cover. Please contact us for a copy of our breeding contract.

Archie looking left Archie looking left Archie looking right Archie looking right Archie left side Archie left side Archie front Archie front Archie left side, walking Archie left side, walking Archie right side, walking Archie right side, walking

Foals:

2017-
- Out of Shire B mare Heart Mt Hoover. THE Fianna is a solid Bay F2 Filly, she is 50% Shire, 25% Clydesdale, and 25% Gypsy Cob. She is for sale.

2018
- Out of Shire B mare Heart Mt Hoover. THE Genessa is a solid Bay F2 filly. She is 50% Shire, 25% Clydesdale, and 25% Gypsy Cob. She is for sale.
- Out of F2 Drum mare Mariah's Esme. THE Gaia is a Bay Tobiano F2 filly. She is 25% Shire, 37.5% Clydesdale, and 37.5% Gypsy Cob. She is being retained at this time.
- Out of mixed Draft mare Willow. Misty is a solid Black filly that is going Grey. She was bred as a mountain trail and pack horse and has been sold.

2019
- Out of Clydesdale mare Libby's Mr. Jock Sophia. Due: 13 May This foal will be a Bay F2 Drum with a 50% chance of Tobiano. It is 25% Shire, 50% Clydesdale, and 25% Gypsy Cob. This foal is an outside breeding and will not be for sale by Thunder Hill Equine.
- Out of Shire B mare Heart Mt Hoover. Due: 2 July This foal will be a Bay F2 Drum with a 50% chance of Tobiano. It is 50% Shire, 25% Clydesdale, and 25% Gypsy Cob. It is potentially for sale.
- Out of F2 Drum mare DCF Arianna. Due: 9 August This foal will be a Bay or Black F2 Drum with a 75% chance of Tobiano. It is 25% Shire, 37.5% Clydesdale, and 37.5% Gypsy Cob.It is potentially for sale.

Show Results :

2014-
July- Alberta Pinto Horse Annual Show (Judge Gordon Smith):
Pinto Draft- 3rd (didn't trot) ; Draft Tobiano Colour- 2nd
July- Canadian Pinto Horse National Show (Judge Duke Neff):
Pinto Draft- 3rd (didn't trot); Draft Tobiano Colour- 2nd

2015-

2016-
May- Alberta Pinto Horse Spring Show (Judge Duke Neff):
Open Stallions- 5th; Pinto Draft- 3rd
July- Canadian Pinto Horse National Show (Judge Darcee Gundlock):
Open Stallions- 3rd; Pinto Draft- 2nd; Draft Tobiano Colour- 4th
July, Alberta Pinto Horse Annual Show (Judge Wayne Soderberg):
Open Stallions- 4th; Pinto Draft- 2nd ; Draft Tobiano Colour- 3rd

2017-
July- Canadian Pinto Horse Association National Show (Judge Todd Bailey)
Open Stallions, any age, breed, or colour- 4th ; Pinto Draft any age- 5th
July- Alberta Pinto Horse Association Annual Show (Judge Angie Hughes)
Open Stallions, any age, breed, or colour- 2nd; Pinto Draft any age- 6th

2018-
June- Alberta Pinto Horse Spring Show (Judge Jodie Moore):
Open Stallions- 3rd; Pinto Draft- 3rd; In Hand Open Trail- 4th; In Hand Pinto Trail- 4th

Go to Top